Sunday, July 27, 2008

Yet Another Roadblock...

So this project, which was supposed to be completed by now, is put off until September. At my rough cut meeting with Mr. McKinley, which went fantastically, we realized we had goofed on the dates of the presentation. The Chamber's July meeting was scheduled for the 18th and we thought it was the 25th. We thought an easy fix for this would be to just reschedule the presentation for the August meeting, but my professor can't make that meeting as he will be on vacation with his family. So now it looks like I will have to wait until September to present this video. I'm still waiting to hear back from Mr. McKinley as to whether or not that will work.

Until then, I'm still making corrections based on the rough cut meeting I had with Mr. McKinley July 16th. He liked the video so far, but did make some very good suggestions about more video, different audio effects, and adding some sports that I had in the first draft. Although the date for the presentation is being moved I'm hoping to have everything complete within the next couple weeks. I want to have it all finished and "forget about it" until the actual presentation gets closer. 

Something I'm also looking into as another way to post this video is with something called a "YouTube Channel." Not really quite sure how it works or what it does, but a friend of mine, Chris Norris, is using this to promote the Mahoning Valley Scrappers, the team he's working for. I need to look more into it, but this is something Mr. Weaver had suggested and it sounds like it might be another great way to bring more attention to the New Wilmington area. 

No comments: