Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Let's Get It Started

Well...here it is...the beginning of the end. I have just finished my junior year of college; I am now faced with the all too frightening reality that I will have to step into the real world in a little over a year. The good thing is that I've learned a lot this past year. I've done a multitude of TV packages and I've even done some anchoring for our sports segment. I really enjoy doing sports; it gives me a chance to show my personality without being stuck behind a desk. But next year I'll be co-anchoring sports and also doing some work behind the news desk as an anchor as well. In addition to doing TV work I'll also have a morning radio show with Allison King; it's early but it should be fun. The thing I'm going to miss the most is doing "On The Road." I'm pretty sure that has been my favorite broadcasting experience. Some people have said it's the worst segment on our show because it's just four college kids with a camera goofing off, but I think it's a fun release for the audience. This world has become so crazy they need something they can just laugh at and if I can make them do that then I have fulfilled my purpose.

No comments: