Thursday, September 6, 2007

Team Serious

OK...so I was really nervous after the first meeting of Capstone about my future. I thought since I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do I would have a hard time finding a job. But I talked with Weaver today about a show idea I had and I feel a lot better.

Because I enjoyed doing On The Road so much I was trying to think about what I could do with that in the future. I love watching Dirty Jobs on the Discovery Channel and thought that would be a great job to have. But I knew I couldn't rip that show off so....I came up with a show which Weaver and I have temporarily called "$20 and a Tank Of Gas." The concept of the show would be discovering different places that the people of New Wilmington and the surrounding area could go to on a day trip. This is just so I can use this as a package for The County Line and possibly as part of a resume tape. If it were to get picked up the concept would be the same, but it would be focused on traveling around the United States and discovering small town places not many people go to. Since I come from a small town I know how important tourism is to the economy of the town.

I've got some research to do as far as shows already on Travel Channel and such, which I've already started looking into. But again, now that I've talked things over with Weaver I feel a lot better. He really liked the idea and seemed to think it could really work. Not only as a segment for a college tv station, but also as a segment on a national station.

It's surprising the things one thinks of in the shower...haha

2 comments:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Take some of the things your talking about and reflect on them via the Titan Traverse activities for next week's blog...and you can add pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bcmediawc/sets/72157601898688993/

Mike Wolenski said...

Awesome idea for a show - Captain you planet!