Sunday, September 30, 2007

Me...an expert?!


So last week we had to meet with Brad Weaver, our Capstone advisor, to talk about exactly where we were going with our projects. We had to develop goals, write an abstract and a proposal. Not going to lie, I was a little intimidated. But, I understand why we needed to do it. For my project I want to focus on the importance of the up and coming "VJ" in this business. I think it's a skill all young reporters/photographers should have by the time they graduate from college.

So here are my goals:
  • Become an expert on VJ-driven shows.
  • Perfect my own skills as a VJ.
  • Pitch my show idea to Discovery or Travel.
Now I wouldn't consider myself an expert at anything, but through research I hope to make myself a little bit more aware of what's going on in this line of work.

Look out, Mike Rowe! I'm coming for your job!! :)

No comments: