Sunday, October 14, 2007

Facing Reality

So this week we were asked to put together a resume. It is through this process that I have come to realize I feel very unprepared for the real world. I have yet to get an internship and I fear this will hinder me when it comes to getting a job. The trouble is I'm not quite sure what I really want to do with life after graduation. We've had a lot of professionals come to speak in one of my classes and through that I have learned to just get an internship somewhere, anywhere in the business. It doesn't really matter if it's in the field I want to go into, but it will look good on a resume and show the diversity and range of my talents. My plan right now is to try and get an internship at a radio station back home during the Christmas break; I would like to have another internship lined up for next semester at a TV station.

Real life is sneaking up on me and it's starting to scare me. My biggest challenge for this year will be to better my organizational and time management skills.

No comments: