Monday, June 30, 2008

Filming Day One

So I finally went out to shoot some stuff this week. I had two consecutive days off so I figured that would be the perfect time to go up and get stuff on film since I didn't have any time to do it the last time I was up that way. Well, I didn't make it up to New Wilmington Wednesday, but I did go up Thursday. I was really worried about getting everything done because I got up there later than I wanted to, but I got quite a bit accomplished before it started STORMING! There are still a few more shots I need to get, but the weather is an uncontrollable factor in this whole process. I'll have to get back up there probably this coming week (although it's a holiday weekend) to get the rest of what I need. I was able to get a really cute shot of one of the people working at Mugsies. I think it really displays the quality of service you can only find in a small town coffee shop. I did fill out release forms for the person appearing as well as the location. 

I was curious about something though. Let's say I wanted to get a MS of a business sign, do I need a location release form? Or is it clear because it's outside? I was wondering about that. When I go back to get some more shots, I think I'm going to just have release forms filled out anyway just to be on the safe side. 

I was looking over my shot list as I was out shooting and had some second guesses about some shots. I'm not sure about the whole fireworks thing. First of all, I won't be able to make it up there for the fireworks so that creates the whole issue of having to credit someone else for shooting stuff for me. Secondly, fireworks are really hard to capture! I can try to capture some from home, but that would be cheating since they're not New Wilmington's. I think it would be a really cool shot, but since I live so far away it's not really plausible. I think I'll have plenty of video and I won't really need it.

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

If the sign your shooting is a member of the NWCOC, then the release is implied...they are your client. No release needed.