Sunday, June 15, 2008

Much Better Beginning

I'm already feeling so much better about this project than I did in the past. I have meetings set up and I have a timeline established. My first major meeting with Mr. McKinley is set for Wednesday. The purpose of this meeting is to lock in shots he wants, verify my treatment to ensure we are on the same page with the intent of this project, and set in stone the next two meetings. I have a shot list created, but I would like to get Tom's opinions and thoughts before I finalize everything. 

Having already established a working relationship with my client is definitely a huge step in the right direction that I didn't have before. I know how to contact him when I need to and he already has a little bit of an idea of what I am capable of and what to expect. 

While not being close to my client is helping more than I thought I would. It's really forcing me to stick to the timeline I have created, especially with gas prices being so high. I can't afford to make more trips than are absolutely necessary, so that is a big motivational factor in sticking to my timeline. After meeting with Mr. McKinley this week I think I'll be able to really get creative with this video since I'll know exactly what he wants. 


2 comments:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Will you be using the edit bays by master control or are you editing on your PC?

D.A. said...

i just bought a mac so i'll be editing on that :)