Sunday, April 13, 2008

Deadline Pressure

This week for my BC Journalism 2 class I had to complete a deadline project. This was a package that had to be shot, edited and dubbed to tape in one day. I decided to do my package on Relay for Life. I knew this was going to be an emotional day before I got down there, but the day didn't go nearly as well as I had hoped. I had a vision of this package before I went to shoot it and it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to.

I got down to the track about an hour later than I wanted to, so by the time I got down there I had missed the Survivor's Lap and there was only one survivor we could find. I asked her if she would be willing to do a TV interview and she seemed a little hesitant. She did the interview but it wasn't anything spectacular. It was hard to do because I knew she wasn't very comfortable talking about things. But I do have to give her respect for doing the interview.

The next challenge I came across was what kind of B roll to get. There wasn't a whole lot going on while we were down there so I got a lot of shots of people walking. I got them from different angles and such but I just wish I would have had more time. I really wanted to get the luminaries and the fireworks to put in the package, but because the package had to be complete by 6 pm I couldn't get it.

The package isn't what I expected it to be, but I think it's alright. It wasn't the time pressure that I was worried about, it was the expectation for myself to make a great package and I'm not sure I fulfilled it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet your package will look just fine this week for the county line. i'm proud of you and your work. remember it's just a little bit of time before we graduate and go out in the real world. no need to stress so much. love ya