Sunday, April 20, 2008

Crunch Time

The time of year has arrived when everyone has begun counting down the number of days until summer break is official. I have 4 major projects to finish before the year is up.

1. Capstone: The most important project that I need to finish is my Capstone. I've some footage shot, but I need to go do more. That is my goal this week. I also need to get in contact with the people that are in charge of the mission conference to try and get pictures to put in my video. I have all the ideas I need to get this project done, I just need to sit down and get it finished. I only have 2 weeks until my presentation and I need to have a run-through before then. So the big goal for this week is to make BIG progress on my video.

2. Documentary: The next project that needs to be completed is my documentary for my Mass Communications class. This is a group project; we went and interviewed our family last weekend and things went really well!! We have one more interview to do and I think that is being shot this week. Then we have a whole week of class time to work on putting this together. So we will use that time to edit everything together.

3. Resume Tape: I need to do this not only for a class, but also to have it for job hunting purposes. I'm really not sure what I want to do with my life, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared. I have all of the stand ups I want I just need to find the right stories to use.

4. E-portfolio: This is another thing that needs to get done for class, but also for job hunting purposes. I have most of the material I need to complete it I just need to get things organized and put together.

Now that Quilters is finished and with golf wrapping up this week I will have much more time to concentrate on getting all of my work completed. I only wish this would haven happened about 2 weeks prior.

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

What would you do if you didn't have a pile of deadlines and projects? Do you thrive under the pressure or will you seek out career opportunities that allow you a less hectic pace? The college experience may preview what you want in the future or what you don't want. Hopefully, you'll discover which one works for you.