Sunday, April 27, 2008

It's getting close

I've got less than a week until my capstone presentation and I am so nervous. I got some stuff accomplished this week, but not as much as I had hoped. I will be finishing up filming today and tomorrow and start putting everything together hopefully tonight. I have an idea of the way I want this to turn out and that will help out tremendously with editing.

The editing is what's making me nervous. It won't take me long to finish, but I'm so nervous about presenting it to the Chamber. What if they don't like it? What if I get a bad grade on my Capstone? What if I don't graduate? These are all things that have been running through my head the last couple days and it has been driving me crazy. I am confident in my skills as a videographer/editor but I've never been under this much pressure before.

This past week I watched some of my classmates' Capstone presentations and that helped me out a little bit, but I'm doing something completely different than anyone else. The one that really stood out to me was Terese Marszalek's documentary. It was very well done; it was such an emotional journey and I was crying almost the entire time. I would like to congratulate her and I can only hope that my presentation will be as good. I know our projects are different, but the feedback she got was all positive and that's what I'm looking for in my presentation. I guess I'll find out my fate next week...

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

You are welcome to come to the amphitheater down by the lake and watch the BC 601 in cold and rain as they go on their Amazing Race beginning at 11:30 on Tuesday.

Cheer on your favorite BC 601 team.